Meeting Minutes Re: Ternate Trash Landfill
September 5, 2006
• Meeting held at Poldo’s residence on 09/05/2006 at 6:30PM.
Attendees: Lito Hugo, Andy Huerto, Jun Ronquillo, Poldo Diones, Benjie Diones, Ver Ilago, Carding Huerto, Hido
De Leon and Elenor
• Per Benjie Diones, the “Flyers that explain the harmful effects to the health and
environment” were not distributed and no words from Floren regarding status.
• Poldo acknowledges and
informs everyone that the flyers were distributed only this day not by Floren but by Rico.
• Jun asks what we
can do to put a stop on the Landfill project.
• Andy suggests working on filing for a Petition and peoples initiative.
de Vera, Representative in Ternate is working diligently for the Petition. She has been denied her several attempts of a face-to-face
discussion by Ternate Local Officials. She remains very vocal in educating the towns people of the harmful effect of
the trash landfill.
• Per Andy, Jun Garrido had to stop his efforts in collecting signatures for the petition
due to misinformation that the Trash landfill was put to a stop.
• Everyone in the meeting agrees to work on
collecting signatures to file for a Petition. Lito will prepare Flyers regarding signatures for the petition.
suggests hiring a lawyer, but needs to inquire first in Ternate if they already have one. Will call Lennie Andaya deVera to
• Everyone agrees to help on the Lawyers’ costs should there be a need to hire.
suggests Lito Hugo write a letter informing Charlie Cailao [President of Naic] about the landfill situation.
Ronquillo will contact Leni deVera regarding the lawyer.
• Everyone suggests calling a general
meeting with the Ternatenos re: opposing the Landfill
Sunday 9/10, 1:00-4:00
1) Reproduce “Flyers” for distribution -500 copies
2) Discuss current status –Landfill
3) Preliminary- proposals as discussed in Tuesday meeting:
3a) Proposal to distribute Petition
Forms to gather signatures
3b) Proposal to hire a lawyer to represent the people
of Ternate if needed.
3c) Proposal to help Ternate townspeople financially in
their efforts to stop the landfill project
3d) Explain the need of assisting
Ternate townspeople of hiring Lawyers.
• Benjie to call VRC.
• Lito to call Federico + L.A.
to call Hernandez
• Jun to call Linayao
• Andy to call Linda (San Diego), San Juan + Catamisan
to call Riel
• Pol to call Urani + Cercado
• Oscar/Lulu to call Caraig